Posted to xmlrpc-dev@ws.apache.org by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com> on 2005/04/12 12:36:46 UTC

1.2 build (Was: RFC: Release Plan 2.0)

On Apr 12, 2005 12:23 PM, David Griffiths <dg...@hursley.ibm.com> wrote:

> Hi, I don't know whether this has been reported as a bug or not, but
> with xmlrpc-1.2-b1 the README says all you have to do to build is just
> type "ant". If I do that I get:

In the context of the 2.0 release plan, I tend to ignore this issue.

Outside of this context, this is mainly a documentation fix, I suggest
that you post a patch, which may then be added to the 1.2 branch.

Jochen

Inside of a dog, its too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

Re: 1.2 build (Was: RFC: Release Plan 2.0)

Posted by Martín Ferrari <ma...@gmail.com>.
No patch needed, all that's needed is a new tarball with the last CVS
checkout of the branch.

--
Martín Ferrari

Re: 1.2 build (Was: RFC: Release Plan 2.0)

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Holger Hoffstätte <ho...@wizards.de>.
Jochen Wiedmann wrote:
> On Apr 12, 2005 12:23 PM, David Griffiths <dg...@hursley.ibm.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi, I don't know whether this has been reported as a bug or not, but
>>with xmlrpc-1.2-b1 the README says all you have to do to build is just
>>type "ant". If I do that I get:
>
> In the context of the 2.0 release plan, I tend to ignore this issue.

That's certainly your prerogative.

> Outside of this context, this is mainly a documentation fix, I suggest

Nope. The currently released source build is broken, no documentation
involved.

> that you post a patch, which may then be added to the 1.2 branch.

According to VioewCVS the "1.2 branch" is already fixed - the build file
in the unreleased 1.2b_2_ is correct. The 1.2b_1_ src tarball is not -
it's missing the default.properties file and the build.xml references
build.properties which are not even there.

-h