Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by "Ignacio J. Ortega" <na...@siapi.es> on 2001/11/23 23:46:49 UTC

Jars used

Which jar it's normally used when committing, i'm can use my own, but
perhaps people has another idea of this? use nightlies or something
alike ???

Is the first time i check a jar in cvs!!! i'm a Tomcat 3.3 Kosher Kid !!
arghhhhh!! :))))

i dont have anything against, of course, but it's my very first time, in
tomcat-land there is a strong objection against check binaries in cvs,
but for a project like jetspeed it's necessary, i understand and like
the way it's now..

Saludos ,
Ignacio J. Ortega

Re: Jars used

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.
My understanding:
o Jars from a nightly build should have the build date appended to the
   file name, i.e. turbine-2.2-dev-20010912.jar
o Jars should should be from a stable and named version.  Granted
   this may not always be possible.
o All jars required to run Jetspeed should be included in the
   distribution. If a jar is required and NOT in the distribution,
   then instruction on obtaining and install the jar MUST be in the
   installation documentation

Paul Spencer