Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Filip Kolendo <fi...@primesoft.pl> on 2008/05/08 10:42:38 UTC

post-lock hook - locking many files at once

Hi,

when user locks many files at once (windows, Tortoise SVN client if it
metters) post-lock hook is called separately for every file being
locked. It's quite annoying cause the hook script sends mail with info.
It is expected all the locked files will be listed in one mail message.

This behaviour seems to be connected with Windows svn server (tested on
XP and 2003 srv).
When tested on linux (ubuntu) - the hook is called only once with the
list of files being locked.

Is it a bug? Or must be due to some Windows specific?
How can I script the post-lock hook to send one mail with the list of
locked files?

Thanks for any help.

Regards,
Filip

Re: post-lock hook - locking many files at once

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
Please see the post-lock.tmpl file generated by Subversion trunk,
which reads in part:

> # The paths that were just locked are passed to the hook via STDIN (as
> # of Subversion 1.2, only one path is passed per invocation, but the
> # plan is to pass all locked paths at once, so the hook program
> # should be written accordingly).

See:

http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/subversion/libsvn_repos/repos.c

Posted by Filip Kolendo <fi...@primesoft.pl>.