Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Nikita Timofeev <nt...@objectstyle.com> on 2017/08/17 10:02:47 UTC

Removal of commons-collections

Hi all,

I've made another PR [1] that will remove all usages of commons-collections.

Most important part of this PR is that it will drop support for Java 7.
As it seems that major part of community ready for this to happen it
shouldn't be a problem.

Another notable change is own implementation of Map with Values stored
by Weak or Soft reference.

See PR [1] and Jira issue [2] for additional details.

[1] https://github.com/apache/cayenne/pull/239
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAY-2351

--
Best regards,
Nikita Timofeev

Re: Removal of commons-collections

Posted by Michael Gentry <bl...@gmail.com>.
If you are a developer of Cayenne, you are happy about Java 8.  If you are
user of Cayenne, you are happy about dependency-free Cayenne.  If you are
both, you get to be doubly happy.  :-)

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.