Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Richard Spring <ri...@yahoo.com> on 2005/03/15 01:45:22 UTC

CInclude Preemptive Task

Hi,

I am using the CInclude transformer to aggregate a
large amount of xml files that exceeds well over
100MB.  Because of this I need to cache the process
and wanted to take a look at the CInclude preemptive
background process.  The problem is, I have no idea
how to start the process in the background.

If I access the pipeline URI via the browser as
specified in the 'preemptive-loader-url' param, the
browser session kicks in and attempts to cache the
files and also the preemptive process kicks-in in the
background so effectively executing the same pipeline
twice simultaneously.

Anybody every configured the background task before,
and had it executing automatically on a daily basis
(presuming it's possible).

Thanks
Richard

<!-- cocoon.xconf -->
<map:match pattern="public_rss/rssmain">
	<map:generate type="directory"
src="file:///C:/data/product/">
		<map:parameter name="include"
value="\w*master.xml"/>
	</map:generate>
	<map:transform
src="file:///C:/development/xml-syndication/stylesheets/directory2cinclude.xsl"/>
	<map:transform type="cinclude">
		<map:parameter name="expires" value="86400"/>
		<map:parameter name="parallel" value="false"/>
		<map:parameter name="source"
value="file:/c:/temp/cache"/>
		<map:parameter name="preemptive" value="true"/>
	</map:transform>
	<map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>

<!-- sitemap.xmap -->
<map:action logger="sitemap.action.preemptive"
name="preemptive"
src="org.apache.cocoon.transformation.helpers.PreemptiveLoaderAction"/>

<component
class="org.apache.cocoon.transformation.helpers.DefaultIncludeCacheManager"
role="org.apache.cocoon.transformation.helpers.IncludeCacheManager"
logger="sitemap">
	<parameter name="preemptive-loader-url"
value="http://localhost/cocoon/public_rss/rssmain"/>
</component>