Posted to dev@zeppelin.apache.org by Fengdong Yu <fe...@everstring.com> on 2015/11/09 03:12:54 UTC

Branch-0.5.5 is weird

Hi,

All pom.xml under Branch-0.5.5 were changed version to 0.5.6, which is weird.  branch name is 0.5.5, but the actually version is 0.5.6.

A common proper way is create a new branch for 0.5.6 based on the 0.5.5, then changed the version to 0.5.6 on the new branch.

Re: Branch-0.5.5 is weird

Posted by Fengdong Yu <fe...@everstring.com>.
Yes, that make sense.  we should keep the branch pom version never changed after released.

Re: Branch-0.5.5 is weird

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
yes, b) shouldn't be used once the release is out. Snapshot are for development.  Using them otherwise is confusing as hell, for sure.
  Cos

Re: Branch-0.5.5 is weird

Posted by moon soo Lee <mo...@apache.org>.

Re: Branch-0.5.5 is weird