Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org> on 2004/04/08 18:27:13 UTC

Should we require wiki logins?

Seeing the first wiki change notification messages today, I realise that
logging in to the wiki is not required before making changes. In such cases,
all we get is an IP address as an indication of who made the changes.

I'm not entirely sure if this is possible, but if the wiki can be configured
to require logins, then should we make it so, so that we can have some idea
of who is doing what? I think that would be good, but wanted to see how
others feel before I go ahead and make a request of the infra folks.

WDYT?

--
Martin Cooper

Re: Should we require wiki logins?

Posted by David Graham <gr...@yahoo.com>.
It would be nice but this will decrease user participation.  If you just
want to add a quick note and are forced to sign up, many will just leave.

David