Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Nick Smith <ni...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/08 16:22:40 UTC

qmail and SA problems

im currently trying to implement spamassassin into our mail server and
am running into problems im hoping you can help me with. our current
setup is running
gentoo/qmail/vpopmail/qmail-scanner/courier-imap/clamav/tmda.  i have
reinstalled qmail-scanner so that it can pickup that SA is installed,
and i do have setuid for clamav installed.
the problem is that none of the message seem to be being scanned by
SA.  its not re-writing the header with a score or anything, its like
im not running anything at all.  i have a testing server setup that i
am doing all of this on, i have even sent the known spam test email
"gtube" i think its called, and it isnt caught either.  the spamd
processes are running, everything looks fine.  i have tried rebooting
and restarting the services.  i think i must have a configuration
setting wrong or something.  i have included the relevant parts of the
config files, if there is anything else you need to help me please let
me know.  this has been an on-going battle for a while and i would
like to find a resolution to this finally.

thanks for any and all help.

qmail-scanner-queue.pl:

my $sa_delta='0';
my $sa_quarantine='1';
my $sa_forward='';
my $sa_fwd_verbose='0';
my $sa_delete='15';
my $sa_reject='0';
my $sa_alt='1';
my $sa_debug='1';
my $sa_hdr_report='1';
my $SA_SKIP_MD='0';
my $spamc_binary='/usr/bin/spamc';
my $spamc_options='';
my $spamc_subject="***SPAM***";  # st: if fast_spamassassin mode is selected
my $spamassassin_binary='';
my $spamd_socket='';
$spamc_binary.=" -U $spamd_socket" if ($spamd_socket ne "");
my ($sa_comment,$sa_level);
my $sa_symbol='+';
my ($tag_score)="";

***am i suppose to have a scanner for SA in here somewhere? or is that
the perl-scanner part?***

my @scanners_installed=("clamdscan_scanner","perlscan_scanner");
my @scanners_default=("clamdscan_scanner","perlscan_scanner");

qmail-scanner-queue-version.txt:
clamdscan: 0.88/1292. perlscan: 1.25st.

local.cf:

required_score 6
skip_rbl_checks 0
rbl_timeout 5 # default 15 secs
rewrite_header Subject *****SPAM*****

score PYZOR_CHECK 1
score RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET 2.0

loadplugin     Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::SPF
loadplugin     Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Razor2
loadplugin     Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Pyzor

# Razor
razor_config /etc/mail/spamassassin/.razor/razor-agent.conf
use_razor2 1

#Pyzor
use_pyzor 1
pyzor_path /usr/sbin/pyzor
#pyzor_add_header 1 # optional
pyzor_timeout 15 # optional, default 10 seconds

######################
report_safe 1
######################
use_bayes 1
bayes_path /etc/mail/spamassassin/bayes
bayes_file_mode 0770
bayes_auto_learn 1
bayes_min_ham_num 400
bayes_min_spam_num 400
bayes_learn_during_report 1
bayes_use_hapaxes 1
bayes_auto_learn_threshold_nonspam 1
bayes_auto_learn_threshold_spam 14.00
bayes_ignore_header X-Bogosity
bayes_ignore_header X-Spam-Flag
bayes_ignore_header X-Spam-Status

thanks again for your help.

Nick

Re: qmail and SA problems

Posted by Jim Maul <jm...@elih.org>.
Nick Smith wrote:
>>> my @scanners_installed=("clamdscan_scanner","perlscan_scanner");
>>> my @scanners_default=("clamdscan_scanner","perlscan_scanner");
>>>

>> This is the problem right here.  There is no mention of spamassassin in
>> the installed scanners.  This means that when you ran ./configure for
>> qmail-scanner it did not detect that spamassassin was installed.  Did
>> you have spamd up and running at the time?  Is it installed correctly?
>> Make sure that SA is working correctly and currently running when you
>> install qmail-scanner.
>>
>> -Jim
>>

> can i add "spamassassin" to the list of scanners? SA was installed
> before installing qmail-scanner, but im not totally positive if it was
> running or not. do i need to reinstall qmail-scanner or can i just add
> "spamassassin" to the list of scanners?
>
> thanks for your help
>
> Nick

You MAY be able to just add it to the list but your best bet is to
re-run the configure statement for qmail-scanner and make sure it
detects SA this time.  If it doesnt fill in the scanner itself, SA isnt
working properly, or maybe its just not running at all.  Make sure spamd
is running, run the configure for qmail-scanner again and see what
happens this time.

> PS - sorry i didnt mean to reply directly to you, they dont have reply
> to list turn on in their list setup.

I know, I do the same thing constantly..its kind of annoying to have to
do reply-all every time.

-Jim

Re: qmail and SA problems

Posted by Nick Smith <ni...@gmail.com>.