Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Tina Umlandt <ti...@compuserve.de> on 2007/06/20 15:27:06 UTC

t5: i18 messages without different locale files

Hi,

I have the following issue.
I want to internationalize my application without using the localed files. The administrator of my application should be
able to write or change the texts for the template by himself. These texts are stored in a postgres db.
Therefore i.e. I want to override the binding mechanism for "message" so that it uses instead of the default messages my
own DBMessagesImpl.

In the tapestry source code I found the line where the "message" is connected with the MessageBindingFactory but I see
no way to interfere this mechanism and change it so that "message" is connected with another BindingFactory.

Have you any suggestions? And thx for your help.

Regards,
	Tina

Re: t5: i18 messages without different locale files

Posted by Lutz Hühnken <lh...@googlemail.com>.
I'm not sure (since I'm still on Tapestry 4 and there it's done like
here: "http://wiki.apache.org/tapestry/UsingCustomResourceSource"),
but there was a thread about that on this list just a few weeks ago.
You can read it here:
"http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.tapestry.user/49256".

hth,

Lutz

RE: t5: i18 messages without different locale files

Posted by Kristian Marinkovic <kr...@porsche.co.at>.
you could contribute an own BindingFactory for "messagedb:"...

kris

Tina Umlandt <ti...@compuserve.de>
20.06.2007 15:27
Bitte antworten an