Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Cem Koc <ce...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/22 14:13:00 UTC

Overwritting parent war-plugin webresources

Hi I have a dozen projects utilizing common war configuration at my parent
pom pluginManagement as this:
<configuration>
  <webResources>
     <resource>
        <directory>${ui-dir-jsp}</directory>
        <includes>
           <include>${jsp-for-war}</include>
        </includes>
     </resource>
  </webResources>
</configuration>

However this configuration is not applicable for new project. I would like
to overwrite this configuration but I could be not successful. It still
inherites these values despite of not declaring webResources section. I
would like to use totally default configuration. How?

Thanks

Re: Overwritting parent war-plugin webresources

Posted by Cem Koc <ce...@gmail.com>.
Hi Olivier,

Brilliant solution :) I have totally forgotten such kind of features. [1]

By the way, I would like to thank you for your all contributions by this
opportunity. I really like your blog and articles. :)

Thanks

[1]:
http://www.sonatype.com/people/2011/01/maven-how-to-merging-plugin-configuration-in-complex-projects/

Re: Overwritting parent war-plugin webresources

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Maybe just an idea (not tested) in your child pom

<webResources combine.self="override">
</webResources>

2011/12/22 Cem Koc <ce...@gmail.com>:
> Hi I have a dozen projects utilizing common war configuration at my parent
> pom pluginManagement as this:
> <configuration>
>  <webResources>
>     <resource>
>        <directory>${ui-dir-jsp}</directory>
>        <includes>
>           <include>${jsp-for-war}</include>
>        </includes>
>     </resource>
>  </webResources>
> </configuration>
>
> However this configuration is not applicable for new project. I would like
> to overwrite this configuration but I could be not successful. It still
> inherites these values despite of not declaring webResources section. I
> would like to use totally default configuration. How?
>
> Thanks

Olivier Lamy
Talend: http://coders.talend.com