Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Bob Abrahams <bo...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2014/06/23 20:44:38 UTC

OpenOffice suggestion

I'm not sure where to send this, so I'll try here.

In the toolbar for OpenOffice Writer and OpenOffice Calc (and perhaps other OpenOffice modules) there is a Paste item with a drop-down menu available.

I would like to see a drop-down menu for Paste in the context (right-click) menu. It would have the same menu options as for the Paste toolbar drop-down.

This would be different from "Paste Special..." in the context menu in Calc.

Two possibilities for implementation:
1) Add a menu -- ►on the right -- to the existing Paste menu item;
   or
2) Leave the Paste menu item as is and add a new item - Paste With Options ► - with the submenu.

I happen to be a right-click mouse fan, so I would like to have this available.

Thanks.

Bob

Re: OpenOffice suggestion

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 06/23/2014 08:44 PM, schrieb Bob Abrahams:
> I'm not sure where to send this, so I'll try here.
>
> In the toolbar for OpenOffice Writer and OpenOffice Calc (and perhaps other OpenOffice modules) there is a Paste item with a drop-down menu available.
>
> I would like to see a drop-down menu for Paste in the context (right-click) menu. It would have the same menu options as for the Paste toolbar drop-down.
>
> This would be different from "Paste Special..." in the context menu in Calc.
>
> Two possibilities for implementation:
> 1) Add a menu -- ►on the right -- to the existing Paste menu item;
>     or
> 2) Leave the Paste menu item as is and add a new item - Paste With Options ► - with the submenu.
>
> I happen to be a right-click mouse fan, so I would like to have this available.

For these kind of requests we have our issue tracker [1]. It's not only
for bugs but also for improvements or new features.

May I ask you to add your request there? It just need an account
registration, so that you can get all updates of the request by mail.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/ooo/

Thanks

Marcus