Posted to dev@metron.apache.org by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/03 12:25:21 UTC

[DISCUSS] platform_info.sh and PR template / Dev Guidelines

I think we should have documented in the template and guidelines something
to the extent ( appropriate for the document ) of :

“Metron provides a platform_info.sh script in metron-deployment/scripts
that outputs information that may be important to troubleshooting build and
deployment issues.  It is important if any development introduces new
technology to the stack that effects the build and deployment by it’s
presence or version, that the platform_info.sh be updated to reflect that
information.”

pr:
[ ] platform_info.sh updated for new dependencies

Re: [DISCUSS] platform_info.sh and PR template / Dev Guidelines

Posted by Michael Miklavcic <mi...@gmail.com>.
I agree with Nick about the PR template insofar as we should keep it
simple. And for any checklist items, we should seek to automate as much as
possible. We've already made some strides with Justin Leet's changes to
include site-book building in the main build, for instance. I'd prefer to
add this to developer guidelines on the wiki or a general dev README in the
project.

Posted by Nick Allen <ni...@nickallen.org>.