Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2022/04/02 02:53:30 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Toree 0.5.0-incubating RC5

Please vote to approve the release of Apache Toree 0.5.0-incubating
(RC5) which brings support for Spark 3.0.

The podling dev vote thread:
https://www.mail-archive.com/dev@toree.apache.org/msg00112.html

And the result:
https://www.mail-archive.com/dev@toree.apache.org/msg00123.html

Tag: v0.5.0-incubating-rc5 (a803d295d90b39881ccc3de93467a2af199e2dcd)

https://github.com/apache/incubator-toree/tree/v0.5.0-incubating-rc5

All distribution packages, including signatures, digests, etc. can be found
at:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/toree/0.5.0-incubating-rc5/

Staging artifacts can be found at:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetoree-1020

The vote is open for at least 72 hours and passes if a majority of at least
3 +1 PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Toree 0.5.0-incubating

Luciano Resende
http://twitter.com/lresende1975
http://lresende.blogspot.com/

[RESULT] [VOTE] Apache Toree 0.5.0-incubating RC5

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Apr 1, 2022 at 7:53 PM Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Please vote to approve the release of Apache Toree 0.5.0-incubating
> (RC5) which brings support for Spark 3.0.
>

> The podling dev vote thread:
> https://www.mail-archive.com/dev@toree.apache.org/msg00112.html
>
> And the result:
> https://www.mail-archive.com/dev@toree.apache.org/msg00123.html
>
> Tag: v0.5.0-incubating-rc5 (a803d295d90b39881ccc3de93467a2af199e2dcd)
>
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-toree/tree/v0.5.0-incubating-rc5
>
> All distribution packages, including signatures, digests, etc. can be
> found at:
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/toree
> /0.5.0-incubating-rc5/
>
> Staging artifacts can be found at:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetoree-1020
>
> The vote is open for at least 72 hours and passes if a majority of at
> least
> 3 +1 PMC votes are cast.
>
> [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Toree 0.5.0-incubating

Vote has passed with +1 from:
Luciano Resende,
Weiwei Yang,
Jean-Baptiste Onofré.

Thank you.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Toree 0.5.0-incubating RC5

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1 (binding)

I checked:
- incubating in the name
- LICENSE, NOTICE, DISCLAIMER are there and look good
- hash and signature look good
- no binary in source archive

Thanks,
Regards
JB

Posted by Weiwei Yang <ww...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Thanks
Weiwei

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
We are still looking for one additional vote. Any volunteers?

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Apr 6, 2022 at 10:37 AM sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Apr 2022 at 17:45, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Apr 6, 2022 at 7:30 AM sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Where is the KEYS link?
> >
> > The checksums or revision number for the distribution packages?
> > >
> > > Without these, it would be nigh on impossible to prove that the
> > > release is what was actually voted on.
> > >

> > Thanks for the feedback @sebb <se...@apache.org> , the link for keys is
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/toree/KEYS
>
> Sorry, but that is not the correct URL; votes should use the public
> location, i.e.
>
> https://downloads.apache.org/incubator/toree/KEYS

Great to see that the KEYS file is on the expected place.

> > As for the other questions, I am not sure I get what exactly you are
> > looking for. All the artifacts have been generated from the tag mentioned
> > in the vote document below, also, each of the artifacts has proper
> > signatures (asc and sha512 ) see for example
> >
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/toree/0.5.0-incubating-rc5/toree/
> ,
> > maybe this was a little confusing because the artifacts are inside
> > subdirectories?
> >
> > Please let me know if I misunderstood your questions.
>
> Tags are mutable, but you have provided the hash, so that is fine.
>
> However SVN directories are mutable, so the URL
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/toree/0.5.0-incubating-rc5/toree/
> may not be sufficient to identify the artifacts that are being voted on.
>
> Either supply the revision, or better the hashes of the artifacts, as
> they are independent of any changes to SVN.

I want to make sure I do things properly, could you please point me to the
policy document describing these requirements?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Where is the KEYS link?