Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Yves Langisch <yv...@langisch.ch> on 2006/08/23 09:46:53 UTC

Troubles with Ajax (fd:suggestion-list)

Hi,

I try to get a simple Ajax sample running but I have some troubles.

My sample consists of a fd:suggestion-list as follows:

        <fd:field id="path">
            <fd:datatype base="string"/>
            <fd:suggestion-list>
                <fd:item value="aaa"/>
                <fd:item value="abb"/>
                <fd:item value="abc"/>
                <fd:item value="acc">
                    <fd:label>
                        The last one
                    </fd:label>
                </fd:item>
            </fd:suggestion-list>
        </fd:field>

I also followed the notes about Ajax on the Cocoon site:
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/ajax.html

The selection list I'd like to see on my form is displayed as a normal
textfield without any interactivity. In the Coccoon samples I saw that
there is a matching rule for the asynchronous Ajax request in the
sitemap:

<map:match pattern="_cocoon/forms/suggest">
<map:generate type="suggestion-list"/>
<map:transform type="i18n"/>
<map:transform
src="resource://org/apache/cocoon/forms/resources/selection-list2json.xsl"/>
<map:serialize type="text"/>
</map:match>

Do I need this too for my static list? And where does this
'_cocoon/forms/suggest' comes from? Currently I just have a match rule
defined for the POST action of my form.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Yves