Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Galbreath, Mark" <Ga...@tessco.com> on 2002/09/12 13:26:27 UTC

RE: Reference Struts HTML tags from within a custom tag? *Please help!*

What James is suggesting is that by "dig(ging) into the source code of the
taglibs" is that you can:

1.  get an appreciation of exactly how these tags operate in the page
environment, including what other tags they recognize and can execute as
body content;

2.  modify the source code to suit your needs (not recommended) and
recompile;

3.  extend a taglib class that closely meets your needs and add the
functionality you want.

Concurrent with examining/subclassing the base classes, you will also want
to look at/modify the tag TLD file.  The great thing about open source (and
it's danger) is that you can do anything you want with it.  Try modifying
the behavior of a Micro$oft app....

Speaking of open sores [sic], what's up with all the fuss over Red Hat
owning 85 percent of the US market?

Mark