Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com> on 1998/01/10 07:08:31 UTC

running w/o control process(!?!)

I was trying to figure out how to use a debugger and I got the parent
process under nt exiting by its child still went on serving requests.

That ain't supposed to happen is it?

Re: running w/o control process(!?!)

Posted by Ben Laurie <be...@algroup.co.uk>.
Marc Slemko wrote:

> I was trying to figure out how to use a debugger and I got the parent
> process under nt exiting by its child still went on serving requests.
>
> That ain't supposed to happen is it?

Depends what you mean by "supposed to". We'd like it not to. NT is quite
happy to let it.

Cheers,

Ben.

Re: running w/o control process(!?!)

Posted by Paul Sutton <pa...@eu.c2.net>.
On Fri, 9 Jan 1998, Marc Slemko wrote:
> I was trying to figure out how to use a debugger and I got the parent
> process under nt exiting by its child still went on serving requests.

There's nothing to stop it happening. The child isn't fork()'ed, it
is spawn()'ed, so there is no concept of a controlling process on NT, as
far as I know.

//pcs