Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "M. Manna" <ma...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/12 18:26:22 UTC

Possible release of next 8.5.x in 2020

Hey All,

Just trying to get a timeline (or possible release time) for next 8.5.x.
The latest release is 8.5.50 from December 2020. I am assuming there is one
imminent for January 2020?

This is purely for individual interest as my dev cycle requires a tomcat
upgrade 4 times a year.

Regards,
M. MAnna

Re: Possible release of next 8.5.x in 2020

Posted by "M. Manna" <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hey Mark,

On Mon, 13 Jan 2020 at 09:34, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 12/01/2020 21:03, M. Manna wrote:
>
> <snip/>
>
> > With regards to my enquiry, I’m simply trying to find out whether there
> > would be a new release coming out this January 2020.
>
> I am currently aiming to make 9.0.x and 8.5.x releases (and possibly
> 10.0.0.Mx depending how things go) early in February.

 Thanks a bunch. We will keep an eye out.

Regards,

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by "M. Manna" <ma...@gmail.com>.
He Michael,

On Sun, 12 Jan 2020 at 20:55, Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org> wrote:

> Am 2020-01-12 um 19:26 schrieb M. Manna:
> > Hey All,
> >
> > Just trying to get a timeline (or possible release time) for next 8.5.x.
> > The latest release is 8.5.50 from December 2020. I am assuming there is
> one
> > imminent for January 2020?
> >
> > This is purely for individual interest as my dev cycle requires a tomcat
> > upgrade 4 times a year.
>
> This might be wrong because you could miss important releases with
> security fixes or else.

 We operate under strict SLAs and every tomcat upgrade requires a full
regression cycle for our product due to the nature of integration. And we
only have 4 such slots per year to do it. Also, not all CVEs are relevant
to what/how we use tomcat.

Posted by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org>.