Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org> on 2002/08/02 06:38:15 UTC

Examples position?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had any preference to where we put examples for any
of the products? Some current practices we have in place.

1. Place each example in separate directory under examples/. So we end up with
things like

cli/examples/longform/README.txt
cli/examples/longform/LongFormExample.java

These are included in distribution.

2. Place examples in source tree but under a special directory like

cli/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/cli/examples/LongForm.java

or possibly

cli/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/cli/demos/LongForm.java

These are included in distributions in the src.zip file.

3. Alternatively we combine (1) and (2) so that examples are included in
src.zip but are also included on filesystem via some mechanism?

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald

Re: Examples position?

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.
How about a

src/examples

build/examples

and a

dist/examples?

And I think src/examples should be in the source zip and dist/examples
in the distribution =)

LSD