Posted to users@maven.apache.org by usammmy <my...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/23 20:09:43 UTC

Maven jar does not preserve file permissions

I have some scripts under src/main/resources/scripts. These scripts are
executables. But maven-jar-plugin is not preserving these file permissions.
Any suggestions?

RE: Maven jar does not preserve file permissions

Posted by "Haszlakiewicz, Eric" <EH...@transunion.com>.

jar files don't support storing permissions.
Create a tar.gz artifact instead.  I don't think there's a tarball
packaging type so you'll probably need to use the maven-assembly-plugin
and a format of "tar.gz" in the assembly descriptor file.

eric