Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "Martin C." <ma...@gmx.at> on 2012/02/14 14:39:43 UTC

Redelivery of messages

Hi,

I am currently a little bit confused about re-delivery of failed
messages: is there some way to put a message at the end of the queue
for re-delivery? As far as I understood, the message stays at the
beginning of the queue until it either is consumed or considered a
poisonous pill? And how is this related to several consumers consuming
in parallel? Is a pending re-delivery message blocking only "its"
consumer?

Thanks in advance for clarification!

Best regards,
Martin

Re: Redelivery of messages

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
redelivery blocks its consumer, the implementation is in
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQMessageConsumer#rollback
The blocking it so preserve message order for that consumer.

Have a peek at: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-2710 to find
a strategy and test camel route for resubmitting messages to the tail
of the queue.

--
http://fusesource.com
http://blog.garytully.com