Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jamel ESSOUSSI <ja...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/18 12:24:37 UTC

Start solr master and solr slave with enable replication = false

Hi,

It's possible to start the solr master and slave with the following
configuration

- replication on master disabled when we start solr --> the replication
feature must be available
- polling on slave disabled --> the replication feature must be available

-- Best Regards
-- Jamel

Re: Start solr master and solr slave with enable replication = false

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
See: http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrReplication#enable.2BAC8-disable_master.2BAC8-slave_in_a_node

I'll admit that I haven't tried this personally, but I think it'll work.

Although I'm pretty sure that if you just disable the master,
disabling the polling on the slave isn't necessary.

Best
Erick