Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Dave Searle <da...@davesearle.co.uk> on 2003/01/07 23:00:03 UTC

FW: Service instance

Hi all,

Where abouts (in the code) does the Axis engine create an instance of a
service? I would like the axis server to call itself, and I don't want
it to create a new instance, but I would like to pass across an already
instanstiated object? Does this make sense? (Probably not :) )

I'm using the latest release of apache axis and the TCP transport sample

I've narrowed it down to here. Is the service instantiated in the invoke
method of the engine or the getResponse method

     		engine.invoke( msgContext );
            }
            catch( Exception e ) {
                AxisFault fault = AxisFault.makeFault(e);
                msgContext.setResponseMessage( new Message(fault) );
            }

            /* Send it back along the wire...  */
            msg = msgContext.getResponseMessage();

Cheers,