Posted to dev@samza.apache.org by "Mhaskar, Tushar" <tm...@paypal.com.INVALID> on 2015/09/08 05:16:20 UTC

Running multiple tasks in multi-node Yarn environment leaves some jobs stucked in ASSIGNED state.

Hi All,

I was trying to run wikipedia-feed(feed) and wikipedia-stats(stats) job in multi-node YARN environment(http://samza.apache.org/learn/tutorials/0.7.0/run-in-multi-node-yarn.html).
Config : 1 Master – 1 slave (as mentioned in the example)

Whichever task I run second, gets stuck in ASSIGNED state.
E.g : if I run stats task first then feed task ,the feed task gets stuck in assigned state and vice versa.

What can be the solution to this?

Do I need to run more than one slave to get both the tasks running?

Thanks,
Tushar

Re: Running multiple tasks in multi-node Yarn environment leaves some jobs stucked in ASSIGNED state.

Posted by Yan Fang <ya...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tushar,

If you can check the logs, do you see any exceptions thrown out? If not, I
am wondering this is because your YARN environment does not have enough
memory for the second job. By default, one container is 1024MB. If you can
compare how much memory your YARN has and how much memory is being used,
you can tell if this is a memory issue.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Fang, Yan