Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by rahul merwah <ra...@eco-online.com> on 2005/05/09 19:27:20 UTC

TRUNCATE TABLE availability

Hi,

I was wondering on the latest status of TRUNCATE TABLE SQL: command. For the
TODO list on the site I can tell that the code is basically complete but
needs to be exposed – I was just wondering what are the details of the work
items left and, if necessary, what I can help with to get this finished.
Would it help to expose this as a feature request on JIRA so that comments
can be documented there? Our simple tests which require truncating a table
with 32K rows is taking painful minutes to complete (using DELETE FROM
tablename; autocommit off). I’m hoping even a naive TRUNCATE TABLE
implementation will be better than this by orders of magnitude!

- Rahul Merwah

Platform Architect

Ecosystems

Re: TRUNCATE TABLE availability