Posted to feathercast@apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2023/08/09 06:50:00 UTC

Where to report issues with the feathercast.a.o website?

As the subject says.

Re: Where to report issues with the feathercast.a.o website?

Posted by rb...@rcbowen.com.
On Wed, 2023-08-09 at 22:40 +0100, sebb wrote:
> 1) It would help if feedback details were listed on the site itself.
> There is a reference to "email the Feathercast mailing list" on the
> help page, but this is about interviews, and the email address is not
> provided.
>
> 2) The link with the title "https://heron.apache.org/" does not go
> there.

Thanks, fixed.

> 3) Many of the links use 'here' as the title. This does not play well
> with screen readers; the title text should describe what the link
> provodes

This is a significant undertaking, given that we have nearly 20 years
of content here. I will address these as I come across them. Thanks for
pointing this out.

> 4) Most of the links are highlighted in brown, but some are in a blue
> that is barely distinguishable from the body text, and some don't
> appear to have any indication that they are links.

I'm afraid I have no idea how to change that, but I'll poke around in
the theme/style editor. This site is hosted at wordpress.com so I
presume I have a wide variety of options for styling the content.

Re: Where to report issues with the feathercast.a.o website?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
1) It would help if feedback details were listed on the site itself.
There is a reference to "email the Feathercast mailing list" on the
help page, but this is about interviews, and the email address is not
provided.

2) The link with the title "https://heron.apache.org/" does not go there.

3) Many of the links use 'here' as the title. This does not play well
with screen readers; the title text should describe what the link
provodes

4) Most of the links are highlighted in brown, but some are in a blue
that is barely distinguishable from the body text, and some don't
appear to have any indication that they are links.

Sebb

On Wed, 9 Aug 2023 at 14:20, <rb...@rcbowen.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 2023-08-09 at 07:50 +0100, sebb wrote:
> > As the subject says.
>
> This is the place. What's up?

Re: Where to report issues with the feathercast.a.o website?

Posted by rb...@rcbowen.com.
On Wed, 2023-08-09 at 07:50 +0100, sebb wrote:
> As the subject says.

This is the place. What's up?