Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org> on 2014/08/24 19:14:36 UTC

Anyone using publish.pl?

Using the CMS to edit the OpenOffice sites becomes quickly painful.

A few months ago, remembering an ancient message from Ariel, I gave
publish.pl a try but it constantly fails for me with this message:
$ perl publish.pl ooo-site pescetti
LDAP User (^D aborts): pescetti
LDAP Password for 'pescetti' (^D aborts):
Client API Version: 1.10
View unified diff of changes (y/n)? y
OK to poll build (y/n)? y
Build complete: status=success.
Bad GET response: 500 only SSL_ca_path or SSL_ca_file should be given

It's hard for me to detect whether the publication still succeeds, since
with CMS problems, caching and other people publishing their changes I
cannot rule out that the problem is somewhere else. But still I'm
curious to know if others are successfully publishing through publish.pl.

Thanks,
   Andrea.

Re: Anyone using publish.pl?

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 24/08/2014 Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> I get the same error on Fedora 20, something is wrong with the logic
> that sets both $ca_file and $ca_path in publish.pl, but as you can read
> in line 34, there is an environment variable to get rid of it:
> [ariel@localhost webgui]$ export IGNORE_CERT=1
> [ariel@localhost webgui]$ perl publish.pl ooo-site arielch

Thanks, it worked for me. The log message editing is still creating some
confusion (possibly related to the fact that EDITOR is set to vim?) but
this is definitely minor. Publishing now works correctly and this is
very helpful.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Anyone using publish.pl?

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.
On Sun, Aug 24, 2014 at 07:14:36PM +0200, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> Using the CMS to edit the OpenOffice sites becomes quickly painful.
>
> A few months ago, remembering an ancient message from Ariel, I gave
> publish.pl a try but it constantly fails for me with this message:
> $ perl publish.pl ooo-site pescetti
> LDAP User (^D aborts): pescetti
> LDAP Password for 'pescetti' (^D aborts):
> Client API Version: 1.10
> View unified diff of changes (y/n)? y
> OK to poll build (y/n)? y
> Build complete: status=success.
> Bad GET response: 500 only SSL_ca_path or SSL_ca_file should be given

I get the same error on Fedora 20, something is wrong with the logic
that sets both $ca_file and $ca_path in publish.pl, but as you can read
in line 34, there is an environment variable to get rid of it:

[ariel@localhost webgui]$ export IGNORE_CERT=1
[ariel@localhost webgui]$ perl publish.pl ooo-site arielch
LDAP User (^D aborts): arielch
LDAP Password for 'arielch' (^D aborts):
Client API Version: 1.10
View unified diff of changes (y/n)? n
OK to poll build (y/n)? y
Build complete: status=success.
Log message (^D to end message):
OK to continue (y/n)? y
Awaiting server response to publication request...
200 OK
Committed revision 920327.

If you are in people.apache.org, it works out of the box.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina