Posted to dev@tinkerpop.apache.org by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/09 10:51:48 UTC

[DISCUSS] 3.1.x EOL

We have taken backward compatibility and long term support to a new level
in TinkerPop 3.x as compared with previous major versions. We're about to
go on eight releases of the 3.1.x line of code. Now that 3.3.0 is about to
release I'm wondering if we need to continue with support of any kind on
the 3.1.x line (similar to how we stopped completely stopped dev on 3.0.x).

I can expand this discussion to the user mailing list, but I thought I'd
start here to see what people thought. Can we make 3.1.8 our last release
on that line of code?

Re: [DISCUSS] 3.1.x EOL

Posted by David Brown <da...@gmail.com>.
I'm

Re: [DISCUSS] 3.1.x EOL

Posted by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com>.
It's been a week now and there haven't been any concerns about EOL for
3.1.x on either this list or more recently the gremlin users list. I'm
happy to call that consensus. :)  we'll make 3.1.8 the last release on that
line.

We'll just have tp32 and master to maintain going forward - i don't think
we need to branch a tp33 at this point as I don't think anyone is
considering 3.4.x at this point.

Re: [DISCUSS] 3.1.x EOL

Posted by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com>.

Re: [DISCUSS] 3.1.x EOL