Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Luca Furini <lf...@cs.unibo.it> on 2005/10/06 17:07:01 UTC

Re: svn commit: r306656 - in /xmlgraphics/fop/trunk/src/java/org/apache/fop/layoutmgr: BreakingAlgorithm.java PageBreakingAlgorithm.java

> Fixing a bug reported by Jeremias affecting the handling of glue and
> penalty elements after a break when the algorithm restarts.

Now it should be ok. A nasty little bug, anyway ...

Unfortunately, I had to duplicate a few lines (a for loop looking for glue
elements after a feasible break): the point is that there are three
different variables (the width, stretch and shrink) that must be modified
during this loop.

I'm going to see if there is some possible refactoring of this piece of code.

Regards
     Luca

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Great! Thanks, Luca, it works fine.

On 06.10.2005 17:07:01 Luca Furini wrote:
> > Fixing a bug reported by Jeremias affecting the handling of glue and
> > penalty elements after a break when the algorithm restarts.
>
> Now it should be ok. A nasty little bug, anyway ...
>
> Unfortunately, I had to duplicate a few lines (a for loop looking for glue
> elements after a feasible break): the point is that there are three
> different variables (the width, stretch and shrink) that must be modified
> during this loop.
>
> I'm going to see if there is some possible refactoring of this piece of code.
>
> Regards
>      Luca

Jeremias Maerki