Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Paolo Di Tommaso <pa...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/20 19:09:54 UTC

IgniteFileSystem watch service

Does the Ignite file system provide an event notification mechanism that
would allow one to implement a file watch service similar to the one
implemented by Java 7 NIO API, I mean:

https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/java/nio/file/WatchService.html

Cheers,
Paolo

Re: IgniteFileSystem watch service

Posted by Mike Dickson 2 <mi...@yahoo.com>.
Paolo,

I don’t believe HDFS or IGFS have a file changed event mechanism.  I did find https://ignite.apache.org/releases/1.4.0/javadoc/org/apache/ignite/igfs/IgfsFile.html#modificationTime%28%29 <https://ignite.apache.org/releases/1.4.0/javadoc/org/apache/ignite/igfs/IgfsFile.html#modificationTime()> that you could use to write a simple service to check if it changed.

Regards,

Mike