Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org> on 2008/04/03 03:55:47 UTC

[ApacheDS] Test plan for 1.5.2 release

Hi all,

Besides the usually integration tests we perform on ApacheDS there some
other things that we need to kick the tires on.  I just wanted to list a
test plan for anyone that wants to help out with testing the server before
this release:

o Install and check image
o Start ApacheDS
o Connect via multiple means using Studio
      - StartTLS
      - LDAPS
      - Simple Bind no confidentiality
o Perform some changes
     - perform some operations: add, delete, modify, modifyDn
     - disconnect reconnect see old changes persisted
o Test Restarts
     - stop ApacheDS
     - restart ApacheDS
     - observe persisted changes
o Test apacheds tools commands
o Enable restart and test NTP service
o Enable restart and test Kerberos service
o Enable restart and test Changepw service
o Uninstall ApacheDS

There's obviously more to this but thankfully we have the other 90% of
feature tests (that we know of) covered by most unit and integration tests.
These are things that we really have not automated nor have integration
tests for.

Thanks,
Alex