Posted to user-cs@ibatis.apache.org by "Tan, Lee" <Le...@qg.com> on 2007/04/24 20:55:21 UTC

Statement Batching

Has there been much interest in implementing batching in iBatis?

http://ayende.com/Blog/archive/2006/09/13/7276.aspx
<http://ayende.com/Blog/archive/2006/09/13/7276.aspx>  has some good
statistics on possible performance gains accessing these included
batching methods via reflection and delegates.

We're looking at the same problems and right now the prevailing winds
are pushing us to use iBatis only for Selects with all Updates, Inserts,
and Deletes being handled manually and I'd like to avoid that if
possible.

Thoughts?

Lee Tan
Information Systems - Software Development

Quad/Graphics

Sussex, Wisconsin
414-566-6716 phone
414-566-4010x6716 beeper