Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ronald van Raaphorst <rv...@betterbe.com> on 2007/03/15 12:10:08 UTC

java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name

Hi all,

I just got tomcat 5.5.23. If I start tomcat from the command line using
./startup.sh, it works fine.
If I start it from Eclipse using the sysdeo plugin, I get the following
message (over and over again)

2007-03-15 11:47:17,277 [main] ERROR
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig  - Error deploying configuration
descriptor manager.xml
java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name
org.apache.naming.resources.LocalStrings, locale en_US
  at
java.util.ResourceBundle.throwMissingResourceException(ResourceBundle.java:836)

  at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundleImpl(ResourceBundle.java:805)
  at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(ResourceBundle.java:549)
  at org.apache.naming.StringManager.<init>(StringManager.java:67)

This suddenly appeared yesterday with the 5.5.20 version. As I had no
clue, I installed 5.5.23, but the same thing keeps happening.
Can somebody tell me what I am missing? I already removed all deployed
apps except the manager itself, and that makes me thing it's an eclipse
issue somewhere?

TIA
Ronald

RE: [OT] java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for basename

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: rvraaphorst@betterbe.com [mailto:rvraaphorst@betterbe.com]
> Subject: RE: [OT] java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't
> find bundle for basename
>
> Anyway it is great to be 'out of the normal routine' and to
> have returned home safely.

I know how you feel - I'm on the 2nd day of a 3-week, 4,500 mile (7,500
km) road trip - Route 66 from Chicago to LA, then back via an alternate
route through the Rocky Mountains.  Communication will be intermittent,
at best.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.

RE: [OT] java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for basename

Posted by rv...@betterbe.com.
Hi Chuck,

We got back last night after a 15 hour driver. We went to the town of
Valloire in the Alps with our 7 weeks old daughter (no,she didn't ski) and
it was great though the wheater was cold (-15, with wind -20) but we did
get some fresh snow.
I did find the snow tracks in Valloire (or Valmeinier) a little short, and
though they have 150km of pistes, it was only because of the clouds and
the mist that I could not see all of the pistes in under two days.
The last afternoon, I even managed to descend a simple track on a
snowboard, which I had done only once before. But I still like skiing
better.

Anyway it is great to be 'out of the normal routine' and to have returned
home safely.

Greetings from Enschede, The Netherlands,
Ronald van Raaphorst

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.

Posted by Ronald van Raaphorst <rv...@betterbe.com>.
Hmm. you're right. But I saw it only once or twice in the eclipse
console view.
Anyway, I'll have to deal with this later (Maybe start with a fresh
Eclipse 3.2 or 3.3 build) and try again,
as next week I'll be on ski holiday in France.

Thanks again for helping me out so far Chuck (Or Charles ?).

Ronald

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.

Posted by Ronald van Raaphorst <rv...@betterbe.com>.
Hmmm. Starting Eclipse all the time with

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.

Posted by Ronald van Raaphorst <rv...@betterbe.com>.
java -version gives:

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.

Posted by Ronald van Raaphorst <rv...@betterbe.com>.
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I have only one Tomcat on this
machine, (I moved the other ones),
so that can't be it. But Somehow, on starting tomcat from eclipse, the
following debug info appeared shortly in the eclipse console:

org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap
    at java.lang.Class.initializeClass(libgc.so.7)
javax.management.Objectname not found in
gnu.gcj.SystemClassLoader(url=[file: .... ])

Could this have anything to do with a classpath not set from eclipse
when launching tomcat?

BTW, $CATALINA_HOME is set to the .../apache-tomcat-5.5.23/ location.

TIA
Ronald

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.