Posted to dev@apex.apache.org by amol kekre <am...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/02 17:08:21 UTC

[Discuss] Keeping community pages up to date with meetups

We are having a lot of meetups and the event list keeps growing. On the
following page
http://apex.incubator.apache.org/community.html
we list all the meetups at the end. Should we just have the following link?
http://apache-apex.meetup.com/
This link is kept upto date by meetup.com (they index a few times a day).

Secondly, on this page http://apex.incubator.apache.org/announcements.html
we have upcoming events on the top right. It is hard to keep this up to
date. Should we remove it and figure out another way to list events

Thks,
Amol

Re: [Discuss] Keeping community pages up to date with meetups

Posted by Sasha Parfenov <sa...@datatorrent.com>.
I've implemented a solution using Meetup.com API's to pull all events for
apache-apex topic.  This covers all the groups which belong to this topic.

Additional events can be manually added in Markdown format as well.

See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/APEXCORE-333 and
https://github.com/apache/incubator-apex-site/commit/b93b3e6fa6f3e2019d1ce49e54e528449d91ba29
for details.

Thanks,
Sasha

Posted by Sasha Parfenov <sa...@datatorrent.com>.

Posted by Ashwin Chandra Putta <as...@gmail.com>.
Does this help?

wrote:

> Do we have a Meetup pro page like below for Apex meetups?
>
> http://www.meetup.com/pro/GlobalInternetStartups/
>
> On Thu, Feb 4, 2016 at 3:06 AM, Sasha Parfenov <sa...@datatorrent.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Pramod, the proposed API for feeds doesn't solve the problem of finding
> all
> > the relevant meetups.  We will need to look at other options.
> >
> > On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 11:48 AM, Amol Kekre <am...@datatorrent.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > > The link looks good as it will pick up all meetups that follow
> ApacheApex
> > > as it should. With regards to events that mention Apex, we do need to
> > > figure out. Lately these events outnumber those hosted at Apache Apex
> > > meetups, as it should. Hopefully the feed api posted by Pramod solves
> > this.
> > >
> > > Thks,
> > > Amol
> > >

> > > On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 11:41 AM, Pramod Immaneni <
> pramod@datatorrent.com

> the

> sasha@datatorrent.com

> way

> > > will
> only
> will
> > may
> > meetups.

> On
> > > the
> > following
> times

> > up
> events

Ashwin.

Re: [Discuss] Keeping community pages up to date with meetups

Posted by "Pradeep A. Dalvi" <ap...@pradeepdalvi.com>.

Posted by Sasha Parfenov <sa...@datatorrent.com>.

Posted by Amol Kekre <am...@datatorrent.com>.

Posted by Pramod Immaneni <pr...@datatorrent.com>.