Posted to dev@distributedlog.apache.org by Sijie Guo <si...@apache.org> on 2016/11/09 07:08:19 UTC

[DISCUSSION] First Release

I'd like to start the discussion about the first release. There are still a
few discussions and pull requests outstanding. I think we need to pick up a
few items and cut the first release and then iterate from there. Here is a
list of items that I think we should include:

- DL-4 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DL-4>: Repackaging namespace
to org.apache (the pull request is out and under reviewing)
- DL-49 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DL-49>: support scala 2.10
and 2.11 (the review is done, need to be merged)
- DL-23 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DL-23>: Move DL to depend on
central maven repo. The main blocker is about the libthrift version, which
is only hosted at twtter's maven repo. There is a pull request out.

I am kind of thinking to not make DL-2
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DL-2> (using the official bookkeeper
version) the blocker for the first release. We can cut a new release once
that change is ready. So to decouple the release procedure between DL and
BK.

Please feel free to add any jiras that you believe it should be included in
the first release.

Also, is there anyone interested in being the release manager for first
release?

- Sijie

Re: [DISCUSSION] First Release

Posted by Gerrit Sundaram <ge...@gmail.com>.
+1

On Tue, Nov 15, 2016 at 7:02 PM, Leigh Stewart <lstewart@twitter.com.invalid

Posted by Sijie Guo <si...@apache.org>.
cool! Thank you so much for rebasing this.

- Sijie

Posted by liang xie <xi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sijie Guo <si...@apache.org>.

Posted by Leigh Stewart <ls...@twitter.com.INVALID>.