Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Anil Ramnanan <li...@peppersauce.org> on 2005/07/04 20:07:54 UTC

Cannot Access Servlet Engine

I updated from SVN and got an error with the servlet engine at
org.apache.forrest.eclipse.servletEngine. The classpath was pointing to
log4j.jar but there was only log4j-1.2.9.jar in the lib folder so I
changed it to point to that. Eclipse no longer sees an error with the
servlet engine but it sees  errors with the forrest plugin.

I now get these errors :

Access restriction: The type Jetty is not accessible due to restriction
on required project org.apache.forrest.eclipse.servletEngine
ForrestRunner.java
forrestplugin/src/org/apache/forrest/eclipse/job    line 109

Access restriction: The type Server is not accessible due to restriction
on required project org.apache.forrest.eclipse.servletEngine
ForrestRunner.java
forrestplugin/src/org/apache/forrest/eclipse/job    line 27

Anil.

Re: Cannot Access Servlet Engine

Posted by Anil Ramnanan <li...@peppersauce.org>.
Ross Gardler wrote:

> I'm back home now and have confirmed that everything works fine for
> me. Doing a clean build should solve your problems. If not, let us
> know. I'll look at it when I have time tomorrow (around mid day GMT).
>
> Ross

I think I must have messed up something in my eclipse configuration
because when I opened the plugin in another copy of Eclipse it builds
properly. The copy is the same version so it has to do with Eclipse and
not the plugin itself.

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Anil Ramnanan wrote:
> I updated from SVN and got an error with the servlet engine at
> org.apache.forrest.eclipse.servletEngine. The classpath was pointing to
> log4j.jar but there was only log4j-1.2.9.jar in the lib folder so I
> changed it to point to that.

Sorry, that will be my fault. I changed the jars to match our existing
jars ready to rationalize our SVN entries at some point in the future. I
forgot that Eclipse often specifies specific jar names rather than just
including the whole directory.

> Eclipse no longer sees an error with the
> servlet engine but it sees  errors with the forrest plugin.
>
> I now get these errors :
>
> Access restriction: The type Jetty is not accessible due to restriction
> on required project org.apache.forrest.eclipse.servletEngine
> ForrestRunner.java
> forrestplugin/src/org/apache/forrest/eclipse/job    line 109
> Access restriction: The type Server is not accessible due to restriction
> on required project org.apache.forrest.eclipse.servletEngine
> ForrestRunner.java
> forrestplugin/src/org/apache/forrest/eclipse/job    line 27

Did you try doing a clean build (Project -> Clean from memory)

I've not checked if I see the same problems, I'm on a different machine
as I'm traveling at present. Will be back in the office tomorrow so will
check again then if you are still having problems.

Ross