Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Dag Lindbo <da...@csc.kth.se> on 2008/04/10 12:34:47 UTC

Segfault on commit, even though all revs verify OK

Hello!

I have a repo with a few hundred revisions sitting on my local file
system. My unfortunate situation is that svn commit -m "..." now crashes
with a segmentation violation and I don't understand why. I ran svnadmin
verify on the repo and all revisions were verified OK. How can I proceed
in order to determine what the problem is (in order to fix it)?

The problem is in the repository and not in the working copy (I checked
out a fresh wc, made a minimal change, and got the same crash when
attempting to commit). Also, there is nothing wrong with svn itslef (I
can commit to other repos in the same file system).

I run Ubuntu 7.10 and SVN 1.4.4dfsg1-1ubuntu3 (binary package from the
package manager). It uses the BerkelyDB backend.

Thanks in advance!

/Dag Lindbo