Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by "aka.fe2s" <ak...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/04 13:27:39 UTC

running calcite on the storage side

I'm looking to create a JDBC driver for a custom distributed data storage.
I managed to create a simple PoC where calcite is running on a client side
with predicates push down.

Now, is it possible to run calcite on the server(storage) side to keep
computation close to data? Does Calcite offer anything for that?

--
Oleksiy

Re: running calcite on the storage side

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
Calcite is a library, so you can run it wherever you like. You’d probably need to use something like the file adapter. If you run Calcite on the server, you might want to set up an Avatica server so that your clients can talk JDBC to it remotely.

Julian