Posted to user@struts.apache.org by av...@za.safmarine.com on 2002/10/10 17:12:26 UTC

Form fields not updated

Hi all

I am using Struts 1.0.2 and session scope forms. I have noticed a
problem with my form fields not being reset when I resubmit a form.

Basically on my JSP, I have a number of select boxes that are linked.
Each time a value is selected in a box, the form is submitted and the
next select box on the page is populated using the previous selects
values as input.

If I submit the form after selecting an option in each of the select
boxes, then I get these values correctly set in my form class fields
and process them as necessary.

I have a requirement of selecting the clear/blank option in the first
select box , will clear all the options from the other select boxes
ie: there is no data in the select boxes. I do this by clearing the
lists that these selects are populated from when the form is
submitted with a blank option in a select box.

However once I have removed all the options from the select boxes and
just have a blank option in each select, when I resubmit the form,
the form values are not set to be blank as I expect, but still have
the previous non-blank option that were selected previously.

Any suggestions to what I could be doing wrong here ?

thanks very much
Aisling