Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by ru...@us.ibm.com on 2000/02/26 13:53:54 UTC

Announcing v3.1_m2_rc2 for Tomcat, Watchdog, and Ant

You can pick up the latest source and binaries at:

   http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/tomcat/release/v3.1_m2_rc2/

Items intended to be in this milestone:

    * Implement Servlet Reloading
    * Implement logging
    * A Minimal Admin/Deployment Tool
    * A Command line JSP to Servlet Code tool

As always, you can help by trying it out, reporting bugs, submitting
patches, and in general getting involved!

- Sam Ruby

P.S.  For those that wonder about such things, release candidate 1 was
known to have enough problems that it was not generally announced.

mod_jserv in m2_rc2 doesn't work

Posted by Martin POESCHL <mp...@marmot.at>.
if i use mod_jserv.so from the m2_rc2 dirtectory and try to start apache i
get:

BUG IN DYNAMIC LINKER ld.so: dynamic-link.h: 57: elf_get_dynamic_info:
Assertion `! "bad dynamic taf"ยด failed!

with the file from the rc1 directory it works for me.

i'm using apache 1.3.12 (same problem with 1.3.11) on suse 6.3

Re: Announcing v3.1_m2_rc2 for Tomcat, Watchdog, and Ant

Posted by Chris Price <ch...@cal.montage.ca>.

rubys@us.ibm.com wrote:

> You can pick up the latest source and binaries at:
>
>    http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/tomcat/release/v3.1_m2_rc2/
>
> Items intended to be in this milestone:
>
>     * Implement Servlet Reloading

	Just to be clear, this feature allows for automatic servlet reloading
after servlet changes? Currently, tomcat must be stopped and started to
achieve this. If this is indeed the case, my many, many thanks go out to
the devel team.

	Thanks

	Chris Price

3.1.M2 ( Re: Announcing v3.1_m2_rc2 for Tomcat, Watchdog, and Ant)

Posted by co...@eng.sun.com.
> Items intended to be in this milestone:
>
>     * Implement Servlet Reloading
>     * Implement logging
>     * A Minimal Admin/Deployment Tool
>     * A Command line JSP to Servlet Code tool

I want to add something to Sam's announce:

Source-code:

 * We changed many internal APIs in order to make it more flexible and to
allow good integration with Apache. The most important is the addition of
RequestInterceptor/ContextInterceptor.

 * The sources code was cleaned and reorganized, and we moved most
non-essential code out of tomcat.core

 * It also has a minimal implementation of security, including a
form-based login. We still need work in this area, and a lot of testing.

Please report all bugs you find and send feedback about the APIs. Use
jakarta.apache.com/bugs, and if the bug is important for you please
provide code to reproduce it.

If the bug is very important for you and you don't want it to show up
later, provide a test case that can be integrated in the test suite
( take a look at tomcat/conf/test-tomcat.xml ). This is the only way to
make sure the bug will be checked in every build.

For developers, we need to focus on bug fixing, tune/optimization,
_documentation_ , easy to use, installation ( instead of adding another
cool feature).

Costin