Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de> on 2005/10/09 22:30:14 UTC

Change in FileResourceLoader breaks test on Unix

Hi,

the recent change in the FileResourceLoader breaks the
AbsoluteFileResourceLoaderTestCase on Unix. It goes south when the FRL
strips the leading "/" off in lines 121ff. and then tries to open the
file from the existing list of paths which contains only "".

findTemplate then calls getFile("", "home/henning/scratch/velocity/core/test/absolute/absolute.vm")
and ends up doing new File("home/henning/scratch/velocity/core/test/absolute/absolute.vm") which results
in a relative path.

Either the test case must set up a paths array (using the 'path'
property containing "/" for the whole file system) or the program
logic is flawed at some point. This is probably not visible on Windows
because the absolute path does not start with a "/" (C:\foo\bar)

	Best regards
		Henning

		      4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42

Re: Change in FileResourceLoader breaks test on Unix

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@forio.com>.
Thanks - I'll work on this.  Probably tomorrow.

This is why we have test cases.  You're right, I checked Windows only.  Glad
we all have diverse development platforms.

As a process note, when we get to a release stage maybe we can coordinate a
Linux/Windows and JDK 1.3/1.4/5.0 matrix of tests among the various
developers.

WILL