Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Jeffery Painter <je...@jivecast.com> on 2018/10/10 18:24:18 UTC

Status update round 2

Hello,

I worked on integrating torque-4.1 again with security.  Realized their
were some dependencies that were not met, so I have updated the pom
files there.  It doesn't seem to bother with building against
torque-4.0, so I thought it was safe to keep those changes in to give
the rest of you a leg up on integration.  I still believe their are
issues with the test cases/configuration in fulcrum-security-torque for
hsqldb to upgrade to the 2.x series (which seems to be the minimum for
torque-4.1) but I could not get it to work completely. I did manage to
clear a bunch more tests with my updates though!  If you want to give it
a shot, I think I made it pretty easy to change the torque version in
one spot and I commented out the version of hsqldb in the pom which
would be required to work with torque 4.1 so you can just swap the
version numbers out easily there to get started.  I am pretty much stuck
now on this issue.

After giving up on that, I spent a lot of time trying to figure out why
fulcrum-cache continues to fail to build. I manually forced the skip
long tests, but there are still two tests that fail to build.  Note I
tried skipping all tests, packaged it all the way up to the
turbine-webapp archetype (locally only of course), and it all appears to
work fine. I am not sure this is an approach we want to take though :-)
I also went ahead and updated it's groupId to match that of the rest of
the fulcrum components.

But again, I am stuck on this one too :-(

These offenders still remain:

Tests run: 10, Failures: 1, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 141.982
sec <<< FAILURE! - in org.apache.fulcrum.cache.JCSCacheTest
testObjectCount(org.apache.fulcrum.cache.JCSCacheTest)  Time elapsed:
18.356 sec  <<< FAILURE!
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: After three refreshes expected:<0>
but was:<1>

test2ObjectAddGetCachedObject(org.apache.fulcrum.cache.JCSCacheTest)
Time elapsed: 0.015 sec  <<< ERROR!
org.apache.fulcrum.cache.ObjectExpiredException

Results :

Failed tests:
  JCSCacheTest>CacheTest.testObjectCount:307 After three refreshes
expected:<0> but was:<1>
Tests in error:
  JCSCacheTest>CacheTest.test2ObjectAddGetCachedObject:185 » ObjectExpired

I think that is about as much as I can do for now.  I am starting a new
contract (hopefully tomorrow), so I will be busy again for a few weeks.
Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with in the
meantime.

--
Jeff Painter