Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by 宓学强 <al...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/06 15:55:54 UTC

Which dynamic language should we add to extend the dynamic route ?

 I wonder which dynamic language should we add for the Dynamic route
support,Groovy,Ruby,Python or Scala?
Hope every one can give the opinion and we can negotiate to decide that.

--
宓学强 alloyer@gmail.com

Re: Which dynamic language should we add to extend the dynamic route ?

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Sure, I can give him phone call interview today or tomorrow morning.

Willem

Posted by 宓学强 <al...@gmail.com>.
I use Beijing or Shanghai time and may be about 10 hours earlier than you.
I will online in the next 15 hours, you can schedule the time.

--
Xueqiang Mi <al...@gmail.com>

Re: Which dynamic language should we add to extend the dynamic route ?

Posted by Jon Anstey <ja...@gmail.com>.
Missed this whole thread over the long weekend! Thanks Willem for doing the
interview.

Xuequiang Mi, I'll add in the ranking for your proposal to the Dynamic
Routes project today.

--
Cheers,
Jon

http://janstey.blogspot.com/

Re: Which dynamic language should we add to extend the dynamic route ?

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.
Xuequiang Mi,

Thanks you for your answers and for your availability for an
interview.  I think you have the skills needed to be successful with
this project.

Good luck,
Hadrian

Posted by Xueqiang Mi <al...@gmail.com>.

--
Xueqiang Mi <al...@gmail.com>

Re: Which dynamic language should we add to extend the dynamic route ?

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Xueqiang Mi <al...@gmail.com>.

--
Xueqiang Mi <al...@gmail.com>

Re: Which dynamic language should we add to extend the dynamic route ?

Posted by Xueqiang Mi <al...@gmail.com>.
I think content-based routing and dynamic routing are both flexibale
service selection or orchestration mechanisms for integration.
Contenb-based routing gives the functionality to dynamically select
serviece at runtime and dynamic routing provides the capacity for
change service at runtime.
I read several papers, their dynamic routing mechanism can abstract
the service using a serviceName and instantiate the abstract service
when invoking. Now I haven't know how Camel implement it, I will learn
it these days.

Can I still modify the proposal at present, I thought I can't edit it
after 3rd,Apr. I will learn Groovy in the next week.

--
Xueqiang Mi <al...@gmail.com>

Re: Which dynamic language should we add to extend the dynamic route ?

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jon Anstey <ja...@gmail.com>.

--
Cheers,
Jon

http://janstey.blogspot.com/

Re: Which dynamic language should we add to extend the dynamic route ?

Posted by 宓学强 <al...@gmail.com>.

--
Xueqiang Mi <al...@gmail.com>

Re: Which dynamic language should we add to extend the dynamic route ?

Posted by 宓学强 <al...@gmail.com>.
I used the link:
http://embed.mibbit.com/?server=irc.codehaus.org&channel=%23camel&nick=auser&chatOutputShowTimes=true
But there seems to be no voice functions on that page.

--
Xueqiang Mi <al...@gmail.com>

Re: Which dynamic language should we add to extend the dynamic route ?

Posted by Jon Anstey <ja...@gmail.com>.

--
Cheers,
Jon

http://janstey.blogspot.com/

Re: Which dynamic language should we add to extend the dynamic route ?

Posted by 宓学强 <al...@gmail.com>.

--
Xueqiang Mi <al...@gmail.com>

Re: Which dynamic language should we add to extend the dynamic route ?

Posted by Jon Anstey <ja...@gmail.com>.
Matteo,

Putting in better Ruby route support is actually a TODO for us... we already
have Ruby expression support [1] and preliminary route support [2]. The Ruby
route support is only available in the newest milestone of Camel 2.0 and I
haven't yet tried it :) There is an example here [4], give it a whirl!

[1] http://camel.apache.org/ruby.html
[2] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/trunk/components/camel-ruby
[3] http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/camel/camel-ruby/2.0-M1/
[4]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/trunk/components/camel-ruby/src/test/java/org/apache/camel/ruby/example.rb

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 4:29 AM, Matteo Redaelli
<ma...@libero.it>wrote:

> Camel is great but I do not know and do not like Java. Any alternatives is
> nice for me. My preference is RUBY. I love Ruby
>
> http://matteoredaelli.wordpress.com/2009/04/13/ruby-words-generator/

Cheers,
Jon

http://janstey.blogspot.com/

Re: Which dynamic language should we add to extend the dynamic route ?

Posted by Matteo Redaelli <ma...@libero.it>.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
+1 on Groovy

--
Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer

Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/davsclaus
Apache Camel Reference Card:
http://refcardz.dzone.com/refcardz/enterprise-integration

Re: Which dynamic language should we add to extend the dynamic route ?

Posted by Martin Krasser <de...@martin-krasser.de>.

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
My preferences in order would be

Groovy
Scala
Ruby

Its kinda hard to really grok which is most popular out of those three
but we've already got a DSL in Groovy and Scala (though Scala is
currently the most expressive and feature complete really). Ruby's DSL
needs the most work to catch up to Scala's

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration
http://fusesource.com/

Re: Which dynamic language should we add to extend the dynamic route ?

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
+1 for starting with Groovy.

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jon Anstey <ja...@gmail.com>.
Replying to Xueqiang Mi too :)

--
Cheers,
Jon

http://janstey.blogspot.com/

Re: Which dynamic language should we add to extend the dynamic route ?

Posted by Jon Anstey <ja...@gmail.com>.

--
Cheers,
Jon