Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Grisha B <gr...@ereflect.com> on 2016/02/01 02:33:36 UTC

Issue creating 64 bit ANE for OS X after AIR 20.0 release

I had a working native extension working when using air 19.0 (when it was 32
bit) but have been unable to update and get it working since the AIR 20.0
release.
So far despite trying numerous solutions have been unable to get a native
native extension working with AIR 20.0.

Trying to get a very simple app working with an ANE that has 1 function in
it "getNumber".
Whenever I try to debug, I alway get the following error:
"Error #3500: The extension context does not have a method with the name
getNumber."
If I create a release build and run it I still get "Error #3500"

Here are links test projects I am using:
Test app project for flash builder:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/aneprojects/Test64ANE.fxp
ActionScript library used to create the ane:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/aneprojects/test64ANELib.fxpl
xCode project (with "Adobe AIR.framework removed" to make it smaller):
https://s3.amazonaws.com/aneprojects/test64extension.zip

I have also posted this on the adobe forums but though I would try here as
well.

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

Re: Issue creating 64 bit ANE for OS X after AIR 20.0 release

Posted by Grisha B <gr...@ereflect.com>.
I have already gone through the steps listed there. The xcode project has the
updated "Adobe AIR.framework" and "Adobe AIR_64" files and is build for
x86_64 architecture. The native extension descriptor file is using
"MacOS-x86-64" as the platform.

Re: Issue creating 64 bit ANE for OS X after AIR 20.0 release

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
I don't know much about this stuff, but have you read this: [1]

-Alex

[1] http://blogs.adobe.com/flashplayer/2015/12/air-64-bit-on-mac-osx.html