Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Alexandru Popescu <th...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/23 03:02:19 UTC

SimpleDbPersistenceManager and connection pooling

Hi!

I am wondering if an environment in which for each user a javax.jcr.Session is used, the
SimpleDbPersistenceManager should not obtain its underlying db connection from a connection pool.

sorry if this question is stupid,

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.

Re: SimpleDbPersistenceManager and connection pooling

Posted by Alexandru Popescu <th...@gmail.com>.
#: Alexandru Popescu changed the world a bit at a time by saying (astral date: 1/23/2006 4:02 AM) :#
> Hi!
>
> I am wondering if an environment in which for each user a javax.jcr.Session is used, the
> SimpleDbPersistenceManager should not obtain its underlying db connection from a connection pool.
>
> sorry if this question is stupid,
>
> ./alex
> --
> .w( the_mindstorm )p.

I am still wondering if this is really a bad question. It looks to me that a single
SimpleDbPersistenceManager instance would be used per repository, so a single Connection. And this
makes me thing that in a multi-concurrential env it would be better to have some connection pooling.
Or still I miss the whole idea? (I have checked the documentation on wiki about PersistenceManagers
and have been taking a look at the code, but whatever the answer would be to my question this is not
so visible from these places).

any answer/suggestion/opinion is highly appreciated,

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.