Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Fr...@idg.de on 2005/02/24 11:45:55 UTC

Need help with For Each Controller

Hello,

I need help with the ForEach Controller.

I need to test the following:
The application returns a JScript tree.
My first ForEach Controller extracts all links of this tree and requests
all pages.
There can be further links an the recieved pages.
A second ForEach Controller should follow these links. I know that the
following page would create another JScript tree. So, I'd need a third
ForEach Controller.

But my Problem is, that the second ForEach Controller doesn't seem to work
as expected.

I checked the RegEx, I checked the inputvar2_1 all are filled well.

Scematic of my script:

- Thread Group
+ - User Parameter
+ - Uniform Random Timer
+ - HTTP Cookie Manager
+ - HTTP Authorization Manager
+ - Request: startpage
+ - Request: page with customer details
+ - Request: page with JScript tree
+ + - RegEx: all Links in JScript tree (inlinks1)
+ - ForEach 1: inlinks1; outlinks1
+ + - Request: page outlinks1
+ + + - RegEx: possible Links on page (inlinks2)
+ + - ForEach 1.1: inlinks2; outlinks2
+ + + - Display of variables inlinks2_1 and outlinks2
+ + + - Request: page with second JScript tree
<---- does not work
+ + + + - RegEx: all links in JScript

Thanks in advance for your help
      Frank

Re: Need help with For Each Controller

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 11:45:55 +0100, Frank_Lindner@idg.de
<Fr...@idg.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I need help with the ForEach Controller.
>
> I need to test the following:
> The application returns a JScript tree.
> My first ForEach Controller extracts all links of this tree and requests
> all pages.
> There can be further links an the recieved pages.
> A second ForEach Controller should follow these links. I know that the
> following page would create another JScript tree. So, I'd need a third
> ForEach Controller.
>
> But my Problem is, that the second ForEach Controller doesn't seem to work
> as expected.
>
> I checked the RegEx, I checked the inputvar2_1 all are filled well.
>
> Scematic of my script:
>
> - Thread Group
> + - User Parameter
> + - Uniform Random Timer
> + - HTTP Cookie Manager
> + - HTTP Authorization Manager
> + - Request: startpage
> + - Request: page with customer details
> + - Request: page with JScript tree
> + + - RegEx: all Links in JScript tree (inlinks1)
> + - ForEach 1: inlinks1; outlinks1
> + + - Request: page outlinks1
> + + + - RegEx: possible Links on page (inlinks2)
> + + - ForEach 1.1: inlinks2; outlinks2
> + + + - Display of variables inlinks2_1 and outlinks2

Do the variables display OK here?

> + + + - Request: page with second JScript tree
> <---- does not work

What does not work?

Any messages in jmeter.log?

> + + + + - RegEx: all links in JScript
>
> Thanks in advance for your help

By the way, the JavaTest Sampler can be very useful as a way of
checking test plans, as it allows one to set all the output sampler
fields exactly (apart from HTTP headers).

I just tried creating a TestPlan with a nested ForEach Controller, and
it worked fine.