Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Yubraj Ghimire <ea...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/29 23:59:31 UTC

Event Bubbling Help Required.

Hello Guys,

I've stumbled upon a problem with EventLinks and Im unable to find a
solution.

I have a component A with eventlink and component B which acts as container
for component B.

ComponentA.tml

///all other code
<a t:type="eventlink" t:event="redirect" context="prop:messageId"></a>

///all other code
ComponentA.java

void onRedirect(String context) {
   dosomething..
}
This is working fine .But i want to handle this event in Component B and I
also need the context which is passed to the component A onRedirect method.

So I removed onredirect from componentA and moved it component B thinking
that it bubbles up.
ComponentB.java

void onRedirect(String context) {
  dosomething
}

But I'm getting exception. I've searched jumpstart but their i saw examples
for event bubbling without context. How to bubble up events which have
context.

Im pretty new and would like to get a start in the right direction. If this
question has been previously answered please give me the link. I could not
find any.

I also saw pageRenderLinkResources.eventlinkwithcontext, but have no idea
how to pass this context in the second parameter. I know i'm doing
something wrong.

Help me outt..

thank you

Re: Event Bubbling Help Required.