Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by ch...@ca.ibm.com on 2002/06/26 20:21:37 UTC

how SAX parser works in AXIS

Can anybody tell me how the SAX parser works in AXIS beta2 ? How can AXIS
achieve better performance by using a different parser mechanism? Thanks in
advance.

 Regards,

        Paul Chen

       Websphere Hosting Technology Development
       IBM Toronto Lab - ECD
       8200 Warden Ave., Markham, Ont., L6G 1C7
       e-mail:  chenp@CA.IBM.COM

        Tel:   1- (905) 413-2193
        Fax:  1- (905) 413-6057
        Tie:   778-2193

Re: how SAX parser works in AXIS

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.
> Can anybody tell me how the SAX parser works in AXIS beta2 ? How can AXIS
> achieve better performance by using a different parser mechanism? Thanks
in
> advance.

have a look at Kumar's recent tests comparing time to parse SOAP responses
with different parser configs.
http://www.pankaj-k.net/xpb4j/ , and look at his conclusions
http://www.pankaj-k.net/xpb4j/docs/Measurements-May30/measurements-May30-200
2.html

This isnt axis centric, but it looks at how parsers crack a SOAP message, so
it should apply