Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Tom Roche <to...@ncsu.edu> on 2000/06/22 23:19:52 UTC

Re: install Apache::Cookie for Win32?

"Russell Lundberg" <ru...@csi.com> 6/17/00 12:01:17 PM >>>

On Thu, 22 Jun 2000, Tom Roche wrote:
>> Indeed! I bow in the general direction of Winnipeg. A few tweaks to
>> httpd.conf-perl, install the service per
>> http://apache.org/docs/windows.html and Apache::Hello is doing its
>> thing on w2k.

>> However, the site that I want to port from Solaris Apache to
>> Windows Apache uses Apache::Cookie
<snip>

Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca> 6/22/00 4:45:12 PM >>>
> Apache::Cookie comes in the libapreq package, so you
> do need this installed. I'm not aware of anyone being able
> to build this on Win32 - I tried, but without success.
> But it would be quite useful to have - I'll try again.

Thanks! Your efforts are appreciated.

Also, just wondering: would a "back port" from Apache::Cookie back to
CGI::Cookie likely degrade mod_perl's performance too greatly?
Unfortunately, at present our site needs to work with an external
redirector (WRAP) that requires cookies.

TIA, Tom_Roche@ncsu.edu