Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca> on 2005/12/02 21:07:56 UTC

Re: /docs/ redirect and 2.2

In my usual spirit of pigheadedness, I've tried to end this debate by
just taking some action.  I've redirected http://httpd.apache.org/docs/
to an index page but left all the other pages under docs/ redirecting to
the 1.3 version.  I then added a note on every 1.3 page pointing back to
the index.  It would also be possible to use a little SSI (or other
magic) to point the 1.3 docs pages directly to a corresponding page in
2.2.  If someone feels like doing that, go ahead.  But you'll also need
to add an errordocument to help for pages that aren't equivalent.

(If people find the note at the top of all the 1.3 pages annoying, we
could also make that conditional on the referer being non-apache.org.  I
don't particularly care.)

Joshua.

Re: /docs/ redirect and 2.2

Posted by Colm MacCarthaigh <co...@stdlib.net>.
On Fri, Dec 02, 2005 at 03:07:56PM -0500, Joshua Slive wrote:
> In my usual spirit of pigheadedness, I've tried to end this debate by
> just taking some action.  I've redirected http://httpd.apache.org/docs/
> to an index page but left all the other pages under docs/ redirecting to
> the 1.3 version.

Thanks!