Posted to user@chukwa.apache.org by Jaydeep Ayachit <ja...@persistent.co.in> on 2010/09/27 15:08:15 UTC

Supporting sequence numbers

Hello,

I have a requirement to assign sequence numbers to the packets sent from the agent to the collector. The collector should store the sequence number in chukwa sequence file and finally should be available with meta data.

Is this supported by chukwa agent/collector out of the box? If I have to do changes, my understanding is

-          Changes in base chukwa adaptor to support sequence number

-          Changes in chukwa agent to send sequence number along with http chunk

-          Changes in chukwa collector to store sequence number in sequence file

-          Changes in default demux to add sequence number to meta data

Regards
Jaydeep

DISCLAIMER

Re: Supporting sequence numbers

Posted by Ariel Rabkin <as...@gmail.com>.
I don't quite understand what you're asking for. There already is a
notion of sequence numbers in Chukwa. What's the aspect of that notion
you want to change, and what's the use case motivating it?

--Ari

--
Ari Rabkin asrabkin@gmail.com
UC Berkeley Computer Science Department